Super Glue Workshop
What We Cover:
- Remove the mystery surrounding Super glue (Cyanoacrylate) processing for fingerprints by lecture and demonstration.
- Discuss safety and handling.
- Explain the types of surfaces on which cyanoacrylates work best and when to use them.
- Explain the various processes available and demonstrate each system.
- Practical application via a "hands on" segment of the workshop when each student will develop fingerprints using each demonstrated system. We encourage participants to bring items for processing purposes.
- Plus "hands on" segment on proper enhancement of Super Glue developed prints, including fingerprint powders, flourescent powders, and dyes.
- Demonstrate "easy" photography techniques.
- Demonstrate use of high intensity UV lights for dye staining and crime scene search.
- Brief talk on uses of Super Glue developed prints for courtroom presentation.
- Demonstrate new techniques and products as they become available such as: Vacuum Chamber technique, 3M Fuming Wand, Peavy Co. Blue Light Special.
Benefits of Workshop:
- We guarantee that if you follow the directions given, you will find up to 200% more latent fingerprints on your evidence.
- This results in more identifications and better physical evidence for court, which means more successful convictions.
- Information given will help upgrade your departments capability in the new technology and techniques for the 90's.
- Many cost saving tips and techniques will be given, saving your department money, especially when budgets are tight.
- Notebooks given to each participant detailing material presented. Material was compiled from over 50 articles and information from researchers throughout the world.
- A certificate of completion will be given at the end of the seminar, plus the workshop has been approved for 6 hours of continuing education credit required for I.A.I. Latent Print Examiner Recertification.
|Click HERE to see some workshop pics.
Here is what our students say...
- Sgt. Greg Fels, Springfield, MO Police Dept.
"Highly recommend it."
- Det. Phillip Bracken, Westlake, OH Police Dept.
"Should be attended by all crime scene officers."
- Edgar Burroughs, Palm Beach, FL Police Dept.
"Great hands on training, and enjoyable."
- Lt. Ricky Groves, Seneca Co., OH Sheriff's Dept.
"The best fingerprint processing workshop that I have attended."
- Sue Manci, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Science
|Click HERE for registration information